Monday, March 26, 2007

"Bust it out!"

UNfortunately, I was born with the endearing quality of procrastination...especially when it involves a task that includes any feelings of "dread". I have a big task ahead of me: pack the house. And believe me, I'm dreading it. Instead of packing, however, I find myself wandering aimlessly, looking around thinking, "what am I going to do with all this stuff? How is this all going to fit on ONE truck?" FORTUNATELY, I married a guy who does not have this disorder. Any task ahead of him he just...does! His motto for everything is "bust it out!" (A saying I told him to not even think while I was in labor or he would most certainly be leaving the room.) We have a whopping 3 weeks before we move. I have done nothing (except I did help clean the house once when someone was going to come look at it :)) Rand on the other hand is just "busting it out!" He has disassembled the kids play structure in the back yard. He has driven around town collecting boxes, boxes and more boxes. He completely packed up the whole garage and broke down all the shelves so we can move things from the house to the garage as we go. He packed up all his books and moved his bookshelf out to the garage...and believe me he will being doing more today. As we speak he is cleaning up the kitchen. And he has a list: clean house, pack, make calls, clean cars out, call Gary, workout, do bills, do school work, church planning. WOW! This guy can accomplish some stuff! Now this is not to say that I am useless and spend all my time on the computer! :) Right now, for example, although I am on the computer, I am also cuddling a sick little boy and observing another coloring his CARS coloring book. We're together and I love that, even though there are chores to be done, we work together. So, I continue thinking about packing, tyring to find the "bust it out" attitude inside of me, while Rand does it. Maybe I'll have it tomorrow.... :)
Thanks for packing up the house for us, Rand

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't packing stink. I've done it a "few" times in the last few years and I can't think of anything I would rather do less. It is even harder to do with little kids. So thank God for a husband who can "bust" it out. God bless you as you move. I know it is getting closer and as the day comes near there are going to be sometimes when you wonder why you are doing this. I have those a lot. Leaving family and the "known" is a real challenge. I will be praying for you. Make sure you keep in touch since we are in the same boat, I know we will have lots to talk about. By the way, I am going to link your blog to mine if that is ok?

Love to you and your family and safe traveling. I will pray that the parting is sweet and easier than you anticipate.