Thursday, April 12, 2007

Good-bye Shelton!

This is it! This is my last blog from Shelton. In fact, tomorrow the computer will be turned off and packed and I probably won't get back on until we arrive in Phoenix (Sunday or Monday). I think I'm ready. In order to keep myself from just totally becoming an emotional wreck I've been making lists of pros and cons. It keeps me grounded and looking at the positive things!
Things I will miss:
My family (obviously): Mom, Dad, Rachel, Royal, Willie, Joanna, Jon, Jordan, both of my Grandmas, some cousins and some aunts and uncles, and my cat!!!
My dearest friends (I wish I could list you all, but I'm afraid I would forget to mention someone): Church Friends, MOPS Friends, HighSchool Friends, Neighbors, Dance Friends, Knit Wits, Arbonne Friends, etc....
My house (our garden and our great back yard of grass!)
The frogs that are our neighbors on one side
The scenary
The lake
Summer (the Northwest kind)
And much more....
Things I will NOT miss:
Wal-Mart (I'm sorry, but I'm not going to miss that. I know there are Wal-Marts in Phoenix, but they are not the only place to shop in town!)
Family tension
Mold
Moss
90 days of straight rain
Limited good shopping
Huge blackberry vines invading our little space to play (although I will miss picking and eating the blackberries behind our fence)
Being cooped up in the house with the kids all winter!
That might be it. There isn't a whole lot I'm going to miss. And to be honest, I would be happy dealing with all those things. I guess I'm glad that there's not as much of those things in the place I have to go!
Pros:
Rand is going to love his job!
We have friends waiting for us there!
We are going have great weather most of the year!
It is going to so fun when our friends and family come to visit!
We're going to have a pool in our back yard for sure!
Grandpa Mike and Grandma Maureen!
I think I might take up golf!

Well, I guess I'm saying goodbye Shelton! I hope many of you really do come and visit! And of course I will be back to visit, too, probably for extended periods of time...especially in the summer! Please email me, call me, leave me comments because you will all be sorely missed!
With much sadness and joyful anticipation,
Kaylee

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad, you're not going to miss Jayden. :( Oh well, he's going to have a fabulous time tormenting your cat!!!
I'm going to miss sea-doo rides with us 3 sisters all squished onto a 2 seater.
I'm going to miss scratching the nerf and catching some major air on the pink flyer.
I'm going to miss Knit Wits and us not really knitting, but surfing around myspace instead while drinking Andre's champage ($4.99 at Freddies :) )
I'm going to miss picking you up for dance class every Monday.
I'm going to miss our boys not getting to be the 3 musketeers.
I'm going to miss my friend.

I can't wait to float around in your pool.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ugh, messed that 1st comment up :(

Anyway, just wanted to say I'll miss you too, MOPS won't be the same without. (((hugs)))
Sally

Anonymous said...

Hey Kaylee -

Hope your trip was safe and the weather is warm. I will miss you at MOPS on Thursday!

Misti

Anonymous said...

I will miss you all, but especially taking Brendan fishing. Plus who is going to teach Wyatt how to fish? They will have to be flown back every year when I specify so that they can catch some serious fish. Not stupid little Bass out of some half dried up lake.

Anonymous said...

We have been praying for you in all that is going on in your life right now, I hope your trip down goes well.

Jaynee~ said...

I am missing your georgeous smiley face and laugh/giggle. I loved our visit before you left but it only makes me more sorry we didn't do it more. You are a joy to talk to.

Lauree is already missing her time with the boys. She is officially sweet sixteen and a licensed driver!

You, Rand, Brendan & Wyatt remain close in our hearts and prayers.

Missing you tons, loving you more!