Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Brendan is 4!!

I can't believe Brendan is 4. Yesterday (the 7th) was his birthday and he was beyond excited. Last week when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted he said, "I want an airplane cake." I thought, hmmm, how can I make that happen? So we went shopping for a cake pan. When we got to the cake pan section, low-and-behold, he saw a Lightning McQueen cake pan! Let's just say he really wanted a McQueen cake. So we bought it and I really started thinking about what it was going to take to make this cake. Keep in mind we are still living with Rand's dad and all of my kitchen supplies are locked up in a storage garage and Rand's dad doesn't have much in that department. Brendan was too excited for me to let him down, so I had to go buy supplies. I got everything for pastry bags and tips to measuring cups. I even bought a hand mixer. The cake turned out pretty darn good and Brendan loved it. I think it was the highlight of his birthday.
The rest of the day, after getting the cake decorated, we spent just doing things Brendan wanted to do. We went to the mall and got new baseball caps for the boys...ALL of the boys! :) Then we went to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch (it's like Chucky Cheese). Brendan just ran back and forth between his pizza and "playing" video games. Bite of pizza, grab a token, come back for more pizza. He had a blast. We came home for a nap and Rand and I decorated the house with streamers and balloons. After dinner Rand's mom, sister, our friend/co-pastor Greg and his little boy, and our friends the Simmons' (Casey, James, Noah, Julianne and Isabel) all came over for cake and ice cream. I think Brendan will be talking about his birthday for weeks to come and both boys are anxiously looking forward to Wyatt's birthday next month! Brendan got a few gifts in the mail too which is always fun. Who doesn't like getting mail......especially when there are presents inside?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could I hire you to do my birthday? Wish I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB on the cake!! It reminded me of all the cakes my beloved husband "designed" to suit each of the kids requests. Let's see; there was Donald Duck, a Tropical Fish, a horse's head, Winnie the Pooh, Lamb Chop, Pluto and oh so many more. We could have started our own business! :) (well, scratch the "we")
Keep making those cakes little momma...'cause the memories are worth the time spent in the kitchen.
I'm proud of you!

Prayers & Love

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't call, there was no cell service... Kim is working on getting the plane ticket so hopefully I will be there in Sept!! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

That cake is sweet! I want to eat some...

Anonymous said...

I am going to want a fish cake, preferrably one that resembles a summer steelhead. It sounds like he had a great time, and why would he not? I am going to think that it would have been better if Uncle Bubba was there, that is just to make myself feel better, I am sure my presence was not needed at all.

Uncle Bubba

Lindsey said...

Geesh, SUPER MOM! I'm way impressed with the cake.

Heckert's Highway said...

Hey Kaylee, nice cake!!! I'm completely impressed!!! You have always been creative though, so I'm not surprised. I added your link to my blog also. That way I can keep up with you more too. Hope that's ok. Happy Birthday Brendan!!

thoughts of an elbow said...

my mom called you "little momma." haha :)