Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Summer Vacation


There's nothing like summer vacation at Nana and Papa's! Brendan and Wyatt had sooo much fun on our 3 week trip home. The trip started great with a hassle free, pretty un-eventful airplane ride with the 2 boys. As soon as we got to the lake the fun got started. Every single morning Brendan and Wyatt woke up Nana and asked for french toast....which she made for them. They spent lots of time with their cousin Jayden and taught him all sorts of things, like how to run faster, how to push and how to roar really loud (you're welcome, Rachel).
Almost every day the boys went swimming in the lake. It was a shocker compared to the pool we swim in here but they loved it. We even swam in the rain a couple times! No fear whatsoever. They just put on their life-jackets and ran all the way off the end of the dock.....over....and over.....and over again. Up the ladder, off the dock, up the ladder, off the dock. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I had to help Wyatt up the ladder every time! Ugh!
We did a lot of fishing off the dock too! Wyatt got his first catch. It was the same thing Brendan caught his first time a couple years ago....a fresh water clam. I don't know how they did it, but both of the boys have managed to catch clams with their fishing poles. We got really excited and took pictures of it...and then threw it back! :)
We went to the park next door almost every day and went really high on the swings. It was nice for the boys to get outside a bunch and not get burned on the play equipment. Brendan saw most of his friends, especially Bella and he also got to drive a tractor one night at "uncle Ron's" house.
There were several rides in the "big red boat". Did I mention lots of swimming??? We went kayaking and row-boating too. It seemed like a whirlwind of activity. The kids (and me) had so much fun visiting everyone. I had fun watching the boys have fun (even though it was very tiring). Overall it was a great vacation of being together and being busy doing lots of things. For me I was just glad to be with my family, sad but glad at the same time. It was also great to be with a few good friends who were around a lot too.
The kids are glad to be back in Phoenix now.....back with dad. All they want to do is rough house with him. But we are all looking forward to another trip to the lake!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a blast as well. All three boys were great and I would do it all over agian. I am proud that I spun Brendan fast enough that he got dizzy. I can't wait for the day that they all get to go fishing with me.
Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to come back!!! Pumpkin Patch here we come. I am totally knitting matching pumpking sweaters for all the boys! :) ha ha ha