Saturday, November 10, 2007

Home Sweet Home!

Like I said in the previous post....WE'VE MOVED! I think it has been 2 weekends ago now. It has been quite the chore....and we aren't quite done, but it is getting close. We can comfortably live now! "AAAAHHHHHH", is about all I can say. It is soooo great having our own space. I can't emphasize this enough. Our new house is soo great. We decided to rent for a year instead of buy...just because we don't know for sure what we will be doing in a year....and as we all know, the housing market is not so great if you need to move on short notice. Most likely our church is going to need to move buildings in about a year, so we want to be able to stay close to "work" if we need to. So for now we are renting, and I'm perfectly happy with that. Our house is in a great area, a little bit on the outskirts, which I like and more than enough room for the 4 of us...plus Sammy (little doggie). Anyhoo, it's not put together enough to post any pictures yet, but we did get a new couch. We left our old one, because, one, it was too big to take, two, we didn't like it that much, and three, it was originally my parents anyway. So, we haven't had anything to sit on except my one favorite piece of furniture (my PotteryBarn rocking chair) and our dining room chairs. Anyway, we got a new couch which has really made the house feel homey and I am just loving being here and putting it all together. I have a great, big kitchen, 4 bedrooms (boys room, play-room, guest room/office, and our room) and a fabulous back patio with a built-in fire pit. I love it. We all thank God for it every single day. Thank you God for our new house! The house is at the end of a HUGE culdesac and the boys ride their bikes around and around with no fear of any traffic. (I'm afraid of coyotes, javelinas and rattlesnakes, but they aren't!)
I will post some pictures soon. Like I said, it's getting close to put together. For now though, here are some pictures of the new couch.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's beautiful sweetheart, just beautiful....looks like a great place for the four of you (and sammy) to curl up together and read and snuggle and just be.....turn your airconditioning on high and snuggle under the nana quilts....it's starting to look like home....
nana

thoughts of an elbow said...

that's so great!
i love your couch! it looks really cool.
i'm glad you guys have your own space now.

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! I can't wait to come and jump on it with the kids! And then fall asleep on it while we watch movies! Wooo Hooo!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your couch! I can't wait to take naps on it in december! I would like my bedroom fully ready for me once I come down! See ya at thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful couch! I would like to see a picture of all of you sitting on it. You'll have to get someone else to take the picture though!!. Can't wait to hug you all. GREAT Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

Looks like more than enough room to hold the knitwits!
Jessie

Anonymous said...

Great now Rand will have a better place to sleep when I come to visit.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for this huge answer to the buckets of prayers!
I think the couch looks perfect for Joanna and sammy to sleep on when she visits.

Anonymous said...

Nice couch, glad you got a place you can call home. See you at Thanksgiving and be ready for some serious clam digging. The tide is perfect and the boys will love it.

Uncle Bubba