Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Heart My Aunt Jojee

Aunt Jojee came for a visit this last week bearing gifts galore for her little nephews. Some of the gifts were great and some were very Auntie-ish.....as in sugary.
Let me explain further...

She has come to visit 3 times in the 11 months that we have lived here. It's great! Because she doesn't have kids and both her and Jon work, she can kind of pick up and come whenever she can take off work. She usually takes a late flight so she comes with special cards and packages for the kids to find when they wake up. This time the bags were full of bubble gum, cookies, crackers, candy, bubbles and bug vacuums! What kid wouldn't be thrilled? Later, packages arrived with custom T-shirts so that the kids could romp around town and let everyone know just what a great Auntie they have.
.
Now, here's where things went a little bad with all the presents and candy....
One of the nights Rand and I had a birthday dinner to go to for one of our friends. A perfect opportunity for Joanna to get some special Auntie alone time with the boys. She made a plan and couldn't wait for us to leave. The theme of the night was to be "Desert Island". They built a huge fort in the middle of the living room and the boys were instructed to get their flashlights, a couple books and a couple toys.
To compliment the evening, Joanna had found these gummy crocodiles that the boys could eat while they were on/in their desert island. Now these weren't your normal gummy candies. They were at least a foot long and they looked absolutely disgusting. I would have thrown up eating one these things.

According to the story I heard later when we got home, Brendan wanted to bite its head off right away. Wyatt does whatever Brendan does, so they both chomped the poor things head off. Look at the picture. The head was more than a mouth full.
Now Brendan is my kid who eats just about anything. Wyatt is my kid who gags at the taste, smell, and texture of almost everything.
Wyatt swallowed the head and said he didn't want to eat it anymore, he just wanted to hold it. Brendan proceeded to continue eating the whole thing. I think by the time he got to the tale he thought maybe holding it for a while would be a good idea. So he too, held the remainder of his gummy crocodile. But alas, he could not control himself. He decided he would just suck on the tale and then before you know it, the whole thing was gone. He said, "Jojee, I think that crocodile made me a little sick." And then he excused himself and went to the bathroom. Wyatt never did eat anymore of it....thankfully. Wise little boy.
Brendan was sick to his stomach the whole next day and we talked a lot about cutting out sugar. In fact, he refused to have a treat after dinner the next night because he said he was not eating sugar anymore because it makes him sick. So he learned his lesson and I think Auntie did too. There's got to be limits! :)
We always have so much fun with Aunt Jojee. She really is a great Auntie and we were sad when she had to go home. Luckily we have webcams!
Thanks for coming to visit Jojee!!!! We miss you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! ha ha hahahaha!!!! ;) oh the joys of sugar! What I can't believe is that WE used to eat things like that! I just wish Jake were old enough to get the idea about the sugar. At his birthday party he apparently ate 3 cupcakes that I didn't know about and the next day he was a MONSTER!!!! Anyway, I hope you are having fun with your sis, that is so great that she gets to visit so often. I know that means a lot to you. love and miss you!
Ash

Anonymous said...

I am just trying to be that aunt that the boys would..... oh I dont know, move by when they go to college. =) I really didnt think Bren would eat the whole thing. Oh well, it will be something we can talk about for years to come.
JoJee

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope that the boys don't eat the crocidile looking bait that I give them. It will definitely make them sick.

Jessie said...

Aunt Jojee- Your niece Bella misses you too!

thoughts of an elbow said...

i used to love making forts!! good choice jo :)
the pictures are very fun :) i miss these guys!
this story reminds me of that one night i babysat and your animals went nuts. ha. i don't know why this sparked that memory, but i think it must be related to sickness? hmmm haha.

Anonymous said...

Now that is an auntie after my own heart! I think i'll call it "mommy practice"!!

future "grammy" ;)

Amy Cooper said...

so funny!! I love it!