Monday, August 31, 2009

School. It's begun.

Well, we started school today. The kids practically begged. It was really fun and we are going to have a great year of learning new things. We are especially excited about our year of science (biology, botany and physics).
This may sound hard to believe, but I have no pictures....isn't that bad??? No first day of school pictures!!!! I have many reasons. The school room is a disaster (remember I have been sick??). Also, Wyatt did school in his underwear today and Brendan in his hand-me-down PJ's. It just wasn't a picture worthy moment. But it was fun!
After school we headed to a sweet park for a "celebration" of everyone else going to "real" school today. Turns out no one started school in those school districts where the park was located. Go figure. We'll try again on that one next week. :) No pictures of this event either. Sadly poor Wyatt got injured pretty bad on his second trip down the giant tube slide (something about too many kids going too fast, and I guess he was headfirst in all that mess). I think he went headfirst INTO the slide because he came out with a golf ball sized bonk on his forehead and a bloody nose. YIKES! He was fine and continued to play after a good cry, but I felt a little sick to my stomach the rest of the time.....so no pictures again.
We finished up our special day with slushes from Sonic. Reminds us of the Phoenix days. And now we're home. The weather is fantastic today (at least 10 degrees cooler than it has been) and the buzz of fall just seems to be in the air. I'm getting all excited for chilly mornings and fallish smells, tastes, and sights.
I love when school starts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again I am disappointed in the home school curriculum, no chemistry or fisheries.

Uncle Bubba