Saturday, May 19, 2012

Spur of the Moment

Sometimes a spur of the moment trip is the best kind. Rand had Friday off since he worked last Saturday and we've been just waiting for the weather to get nice enough to head to the ocean. Yesterday the stars aligned and knowing the weather has been nice for "too long" and the rain has got to be coming, we decided to take advantage!
I lived here my whole life and have awesome memories of going to the ocean and so I am not sure why I thought my children would be any different than I was and choose to stay out of the ocean because it is just too cold for swimming? I mean really. So I packed all wrong, bringing blankets, sweatshirts and boots instead of swimsuits and flipflops. Did it stop them? Um no.
We played in Westport for the day and picked up saltwater taffy (because how can you not when you go to the beach) and then headed home just in time for Brendan's baseball practice and had a really perfect day.






Frozen solid

Typical. Remember this?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that brings back the memories, oh the days spent at the beach fishing, clamming, gathering oysters, and then of course eating them all.
Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

Wow that does bring back memories of when I was a kid and when my kids were little!! I really want to go to the ocean. It has been way too long!! So glad you had a really great day. Love from the Great Marshmellow!