Monday, July 2, 2007

Shelton Trip!

Well, the temperature here in Phoenix has gotten past the point of no return. The lows at night aren't going below 85 degrees!!! I know, for Phoenix people, this is no big deal. In fact, it's quite lovely going out at night and the weather is perfectly comfortable.....not an ounce of chill. For me, however, I am in shock. I pretty much can't believe how hot it is. Yesterday, I got in the car and outside it was 112. Inside the car it had to have been at least 140. I started laughing because I couldn't believe how hot it was. We turned the car on and that 140 degree air blew right in my face.....it actually took my breath away it was so hot and dry. (Kind of like cold water does when you jump in the lake at the end of April.) I looked at Rand and said, "My body, literally, has never felt this hot in my entire life." How is that possible???
Although I am enjoying experiencing something new :)..... I am really looking forward to my upcoming Shelton trip! On Saturday, July 7th, me, along with Brendan and Wyatt are heading to the Great Northwest for a much needed respite from the heat. The great thing is, we will be home for 3 weeks, which should give us enough time to experience some great summer weather as well as some rain and cold! Brendan is looking forward to seeing Bella, fishing with Bubba and driving Papa's "big, red boat". I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends, relaxing by the lake, going to Alderbrook and participating with the family in things that aren't so fun, but that I usually miss out on or have to do alone (ie. visiting the cemetery, getting our "willie" tattoos, missing a brother/uncle, and just noticing the emptiness of an important missing member of the family). I'm just glad to be able to go home for a while.
In case you were wondering, Rand will be in California during my Washington trip, completing his residency requirement at Biola for his Master's in Apologetics. Also, our church is kicking off its new service on Sunday the 8th, called Resurgence. So Rand's got a lot to do with the whole church/school thing! It's going to be a long trip without him, but there are lots of people who really miss Bren and Wy and I know it's going to go by way too fast.
See all you Shelton-ites in 5 days!!! Be prepared.....I bet I'm WAY tanner than you! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait for you come home! I miss you and the boys!

Anonymous said...

Brendan and I will definitely do some fishing. He needs to practice his casting, hook setting, and retrieving. It will be great to have you and the boys back. I am sure that Wyatt will want to see me also. Lets go swimming in the lake.

Bubba

Anonymous said...

You may be tan now but just you wait. The minute you get here all that damage you have done to your skin will be gone, and you'll blend right in. I really cant wait to see you guys. Only four days 6 hours 56 minutes and 49...48...47...46....45 seconds to go!!!
Love ya
Jo

Anonymous said...

Kaylee!

I'm so excited! I think we will be "home" at the same time. We are leaving Friday night and driving through the night to Oregon and on to Shelton on Tuesday. I can't wait to catch up. I know SLoan would love to play with his buddy, Brendan. I would love to just talk in person. By the way, I might be as tan as you? :) I guess we can compare in a few days. Either way, I am sure we are tanner then the people back home. Love and miss you, Traci

Anonymous said...

Bella can't wait to see Brendan either! She still calls him
"My Bernie". I told her she will see him soon, but the day of I will just let it be a surprise!