Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Jojee Visit!

For those who don't already know, my sister Joanna (along with my other siblings), became an aunt when my little boy Brendan was born 4 years ago. She quickly became known as Auntie Jo-Jo. This was mainly because it was easy for a little baby to say. In fact, I think he said Da-Da first and then Papa and then Jo-Jo (My dad swears he said Papa the day he was born). Mama and Nana came last. :( Those darn "M" and "N" sounds are harder to make! Anyway, all by himself Brendan started turning his Da-Da and Ma-Ma words into Daddy and Mommy and for some reason, unknown to us, he decide to do the same with Jo-Jo. She is now affectionately knows as Jojee. My sister Rachel somehow ended up with the name Yay-Yay...figure that one out! Kind of like Ray-Ray I think. The kids still call her that even though they are perfectly capable of pronouncing the name Rachel.
Anyway, Jojee, as she is known by the nephews and the rest of the family for that matter, came to visit this last week. She just left tonight so I thought I would post some pictures of her visit. Mostly they are of the kids because they were the best part of the trip!


First there were presents. Lots of presents! The boys woke up to these cute little gift bags full of goodies and an invitation to come swimming at Jojee's hotel. When they got there, there were more presents from Nana and from Great Aunt Nancy and G.G

Yippie! Swimming!

One of the days we went to the McCormick Railroad Park. Notice I'm wearing a sweatshirt!!!! It was actually cold one of the days. Well I don't know if "cold" is the right word, but there was a little chill. It was short lived. Today it was 97 degrees. That's right...97. Tomorrow....99. FYI...IT'S OCTOBER!!!!! Good News, it is cooling down, slowly but surely.
Anyway, the train park was a blast... for the kids AND us!

One great thing about Phoenix are these "splash" parks that are all over the place. The kids LOVE them and there's nice comfy chairs where we can kick back and watch from the sidelines. This splash park happens to be surrounded by Cold Stone, Starbucks and Paradise Bakery! (We try not to go there too often! :) )

I know most of the pictures are just of the kids, but the sheer joy on their faces was their response to having their beloved Jojee around again! It was hard dropping her off at the airport tonight. Brendan cried for a long time not understanding why she had to go and why we couldn't go too. So we are just starting another count-down until another "beloved" Auntie, Uncle, Nana, Papa or good friend comes for a visit and a whole lot of fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your pictures! Looks like you guys had lots of fun while jojee was there! I can't wait! Only 3 months to go 'till I get to come!!!

Anonymous said...

I was just doing some close ups on your pictures (ya know, just by clicking on them), so I could get a better look at your cute boys. And I clicked on the one with rand and the boys in the pool. All I can say is, holy blood-shot eyes! Rand needs a pair of goggles or something! ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

I can sooo relate to the love an auntie has for her nieces and nephews. And I love all the names they come up with for us. With Beau I have been, Auntie, Auntie Mom, Aunt (yes, just aunt), and just recently he's called me Auntie Jaynee
Next to Mom, I love being an Auntie. I wonder what Nana or Grammy or Gram will be like? HUUMMM, yes, I doooo W O N D E R.
:) For now, I'm happy with the names I've got. (unless there are unspoken ones i haven't heard...they wouldn't, would they?)

Anonymous said...

I want to know how she always has vacation time to make trips. I work 45 to 50 hour weeks and all I get is an invitation to come back to work.

Uncle Bubba