Saturday, October 20, 2007

Life's Little Blessings

I was reading my sister, Rachel's blog today and noticed 3 tabs at the top of the page. One in particular I hadn't noticed before. The tab said "O Happy Day". Of course, I clicked on it to see what the heck it was. There I found about a weeks worth of entries containing 3 things each day she had in her life to be happy about. I thought it was so great to read and I thought it was probably so good for her to be able to find those things in life everyday and highlight them. Instantly I commented and told her I was going to start doing it too. Then I clicked over to my blog and started thinking about it and thought, "Oh shoot. What did I commit to?" I really do think it is a great idea and I want to make an effort to remember each day the things that bring joy that I have to be thankful for. So here we go...hopefully the first of many.
3 things that God has blessed me with today:
1. Good friends. (A couple of college friends are taking me out tonight to celebrate my half-birthday, since my 30th birthday really sucked! (Thank you Cody.)
2. A great husband who is capable and loves being with our kids!
3. A house that is officially sold as of yesterday!
It is good to give thanks to the Lord and to sing praises to Your name...
Psalm 92:1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! I love your 3 things. Can't wait to keep reading them! :)

Anonymous said...

One day I hope to attain 3 things status.

Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

We praise our Father with you on the sale of your house in Washington! What a joy for you 4. May He bless your search for a new place to live.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Three blessings: Kaylee and family, Rachel and family, Joanna and family, Jordan and Bill and Leslee. oh sorry that's more than 3 but tough I need more cause i live in Oklahoma.

love you all.

greg