Monday, January 21, 2008

Cousins

Well, I feel like I've been busier than ever. Since December 24 our lives have been filled with lots of people...and I am so glad about that. Most recently we have had Rachel and Jayden staying with us for the past 2 weeks. The trip revolved around the P.F. Chang's 1/2 marathon, which she ran with great ease and I walked with great trouble. 13.1 miles is very, very long when the most I walked before that particular race was about 5 miles! I was crippled the rest of the day and the following day. Other than losing a toenail and losing the bottom of a different toe, I am fully recovered! :) I think I'll train for the next one! Having Rachel around was, of course, fun, but I was especially glad to spend so much close time with my one and only nephew (hopefully more nephews/nieces to come....). It is true that Jayden is going through a severe seperation anxiety phase from his mother and can make her and anyone else nearby crazy. BUT, if you can get rid of the mother you can experience some real bonding time with Jayden. I had to kick her out a couple times so that he would stop whining for her to focus on him 100%. As soon as she was gone or impossible to get to (like in the shower) he calmed down and we got to play! Rand had lots of fun with Jayden too. The Saturday that we had to go register for the race, Rand took all three boys to the park to play....all by himself! Way to go super-dad! It was really hard in our car that doesn't easily fit 3 car seats. Time for a mini-van??? Never!!!!
The boys absolutely loved being together. Brendan and Wyatt still haven't stopped telling me how much they miss their Auntie and Jayden. This morning I made them waffles and Brendan asked, "Where's Jayden's waffle?" Breakfast just wasn't the same without them.
Visit Rachel's site to see all the pictures and other stories from the trip. Here's a few pics that I love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad someone had fun while I was working. I will plan on making the next trip down, as long as I get one day to do some fishing for something other than bass! There has to be trout somewhere in Arizona.

Kaylee said...

Hmmmmm. Let me guess....Bubba??