Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Swimming in January

Can you believe we have been swimming all winter?? I can't! It's freezing here. I mean, I am really cold. I think it has finally happened. I'm acclimating. Summer should be a little easier this year. I'm sure many of you are mocking me right now because our temperatures here in Phoenix are so lovely in the winter (somewhere around 60 degrees during the day) I can't possibly be cold. But I am! And I am sooo glad to be cold. I'm enjoying wearing sweatshirts and layers AND sunglasses.
Well at my parents RV park they have a wonderful pool and hot tub. They keep the pool warmed up to about 85 degrees and the hot tub at about 104. It is so great. We've been swimming a lot. Brendan is a pretty good swimmer and Wyatt wears his water wings and us adults (well some of us) hop back and forth from the pool to the hot tub. It's the first winter in my life I have spent outside! It sure makes up for the hot summer we spent cooped up indoors in air conditioning that couldn't get me cold enough!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a great picture of all the boys. Dad looks really good. Nice to see those smiles. I cant wait to be there.

Anonymous said...

I want to go swimming! Jayden is missing your boys. When we ride in the car he says, "Brendan and the Wyatt?", like that's where we're going right?

Erin Lea said...

Looks like you have all been really busy with lots of fun company lately. We haven't been doing too much swimming around here! The weather up this way has been horrible. Rain, wind, occasional snow and ice. Glad to hear that things went smoothly for your parents transition out of the funeral home. They will be missed, but I'm glad that they are getting to take on lots of new adventures in their "Big Sweet Ride". That thing is a monster. Tell them hello for me and Rand and the boys too. Glad you are getting to have some fun in that nice warm weather with your little ones. Take care, Erin

Anonymous said...

I will miss the rain, I love it. Makes me feel like I am part of life, it just flows over you.
Uncle Bubba

Unknown said...

hi ,i envey you MR....WHY?BECAUSE i do not know how 2 swim,yes i know it is not your fault,but still i envey you....When i was a child i was going to be drowned in the see ,this brought a great fear to me which prevents me from learing how to swim later on when i grown up,and causes my envy for every swimmer.ENJOY your time SWIMMERS.THANKS