Friday, December 28, 2007

Jones Soda


My brother, Willie, had a "girlfriend" named Kim, that we didn't get the privilege of meeting before he died. Since April, we have gotten to know her well and have spent a lot of time with her doing different things. She used to work for the Seattle Seahawks, until recently, so some of us have gone to games with her, some of us have gone to concerts and shows with her, and she has made several trips to Shelton to see us and be with us and grieve with us. She has a lot of "hook ups" so she always comes with presents! I am so glad that I have gotten to know Kim. I can see why Willie spent time with her. She is bubbly and positive and extremely generous and giving to other people. She has spoiled my kids and sent them presents in the mail.
This afternoon we got a box of Jones Soda from Kim. As you can see, it has a picture of Brendan and Wyatt on it and a special message from Kim on the back. The message reads, "Dear Brendan and Wyatt. I hope you enjoy this yummy treat...it's as sweet as the two of you! May your days be filled with laughter, endless fun and exciting adventures together! XOXOXO, Kim." I'm not sure why, but the message made me cry. I guess it was something I could have imagined Willie doing....sending my kids something really cool and unique. Kim has been working with Jones Soda and they will soon be releasing a Jones Soda bottle nationally with Willie's picture on it. It will be in stores all over the country. So wherever you are, you might see my brothers picture in your grocery store...or wherever they sell Jones Soda! Keep your eye out for it!
Thank you Kim! The boys are so excited to drink their soda! I'm saving at least a couple of them. It just feels wrong to drink them, but we're talking about preschoolers here. It would be wrong to NOT drink them!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest thing ever! I love Kim and all her hookups. Save a bottle of Brendan and Wyatt soda for me! I might break my no soda rule for that!

thoughts of an elbow said...

that is sooo cool! i always wondered how they picked pictures to go on those bottles...i guess it's just good connections? haha

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you received the fun treat ... a little somethin' somethin' to give everyone a sugar high!!! :) Sorry about that one. I'll let everyone know when Will's bottle is out in the market . . . it should be soon. :) Hugs to you all!

Amy Cooper said...

Too cool! You've got two superstars!

Anonymous said...

Those are two lucky little boys. I can not believe that they already have a hotty girlfriend that sends them gifts in the mail.

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my eyes peeled at every Jones Soda display.
Can't wait to snag a few bottles.

Hope you are enjoying all your visitors! Tell them all hello for me.

Jaynee