Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Card Making

Well, I really don't have anything exciting to write about. We haven't been doing a whole heck of a lot except the usual routine. Breakfast, school, lunch, nap, snack, playing baseball with dad, dinner, bath and bed. And then it all starts over again. During nap and an occassional break I've been whipping out my card making stuff. Our 4th bedroom is where our computer is and where guests sleep. And right now, when we have no guests, it is where my big craft table is set up. Valentine's day is coming up...along with some birthdays and the weather has been lousy here (although getting better this weekend) so it sounded fun. I've been having trouble completing much of anything so we'll see if I get it together enough to actually send them to people, but here is some proof that I've been doing something. (You should see the laundry and cleaning that HASN'T been getting done as a result!) :)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooo. you're so crafty. i hope one of those shows up in my mailbox! :)
dude, you are so going to dominate arts and crafts time when we are kicking it in the old folks home.

thoughts of an elbow said...

those look really cool :) nice work!
(and who needs cleaning?? ha)

tell the boys hi and give em a hug for me! :)

Jessie said...

Oh and we'll save a place for Joanna, too. She'll be knitting full size stockings with short little feet. LOVE YOU Jo-Jee! Oh and miss seeing you too!

Anonymous said...

Well those chinese women who bind their feet need full length stockings too!! You know you would want one....remember the beautiful point that the stocking made....it was practically breath taking. Count me in on the old folks home...craft bitches here we come. Can you be considered crafty if you cant make anything???

Jessie said...

Jojee- You can make something. The Chinese Foot-Binding Stocking. I swear it was the best one I'd ever seen. And what a coincidence the knitting needles doubled as chopsticks?

Anonymous said...

I think that you should use your crafty skills in a more productive way, making fishing lures and flies. That gets my blood pumping.
Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to take a "self-esteem" class now that you have put me to shame with your amazing card! I'm reaching for my happy pills right thins minute...hahaha!
Really, those are so adoreable. Will you share your secret with me.
(if you don't, you can feel totally responsible if i take more that one happy pill) ;0

Love you~
Jaynee

Anonymous said...

Kaylee . . . you are SO creative! Your cards are fabulous! My cards look like they were made by a class of pre-schoolers compared to yours . . . maybe the next time you're here, you can give me a lesson or at least let me in on your secrets.