Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Castle Park:Take 2

Last week we tried going to this sweet park, thinking most kids would be in school. Unfortunately that was not the case and Wyatt wound up with quite a sliding injury. Today my first "baby #3" appointment got cancelled for the second time, right before we were walking out the door, so we decided to give "the castle park" another go. Just as I thought, the park was nearly empty....except for the 3 and unders whose older siblings had gone back to school.....and us of course.....the oddballs. These slides are the biggest I've seen at a playground and it was fun to have this huge park mostly to ourselves. I even took a couple trips down the slide myself. I can see how Wyatt got hurt in there with a mess of kids. Those things are pretty fast!



(You can't tell by the picture, but Brendan is running with all his might on that thing and it is spinning almost faster than he can keep up with!)

Oh, and this is how the boys have been spending most of the last couple days.....including a grocery store trip yesterday. Wyatt got quite the looks as he 'nobly' led me around the store!

6 comments:

Bekki said...

LOVE that park! We go there all the time!

Unknown said...

Evan got hurt on that slide once too. Perhaps I should not have suggested the towels to make it go faster...Hope life group was good tonight. Sorry I couldn't make it. Too much to do on a school night with no hubby.

Brianne said...

Love the costumes! And I really need to know where this park is!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice costumes, but I would have chosen to dress up like a fisherman.

Uncle Bubba

Kim said...

Those slides look rad... Love the costumes too. I saw a commercial today that reminded me of your boys in their Super Hero costumes! :)

Anonymous said...

The costumes are amazing. I really like Spiderman in the bathtube. I think I will put that one on my desktop. I glad you let them go to the grocery store like that. Us old timers need to be kids again and wear costumes too. Just think how much fun grocery shopping would be. Love and miss you from The Great Marshmellow