Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day-to-Day Activities

How about a break from grief? Here's what we've been up to.
Well, we stopped house-hunting, which bums me out (oops, grief) BUT it has freed up some of our time not going out with the realtor. Our friends James and Casey went to Portland for 5 days and we house-sat/babysat for them. They have a little boy who is just a few months older than Brendan and then a little girl who is a year older that Wyatt. They have another little girl (9 or 10 months) but they took her with them so we didn't have to watch her too. Anyway, I'm not going to lie, watching 4 kids ages 4, almost 4, almost 3 and almost 2 was tough and quite tiring, but mostly it was pretty fun. It was fun to stay at their house because it is totally set up for kids. They have an awesome play-room!! The kids spent a ton of time in there. They also have a huge pool which we swam in everyday (with 4 toddlers!!!!). It was fun having the pool right in the back yard. They also have a sweet car (thanks to Arbonne!) that has a 3rd row, so we could actually go in the car with all 4 kids which was nice to get all the kids contained for a while and get out of the house. One major bummer that happened, was I got the stomach flu the last night we were there and threw-up the whole night. That was NOT fun.
Aside from that, our kids had a blast over there and have already asked to go back this morning. They live close by (although they are off to Hawaii today for the week) so we get to see them pretty often and it's nice to have friends here.
Yesterday I went grocery shopping and cooked dinner. It was my first time cooking a full meal since I've been here. It was a little overwhelming but in a way therapeutic..and it was tasty.
We're all getting tan going to the pool everyday and as soon as I figure out how to get my pictures off my camera I'm going to post a picture of my kids' white little buns. It's pretty cute. :)The boys seem to have adjusted to the heat pretty well....as long as we are in water we can be out there. Yesterday it was 100 and that was supposed to be our "cool" day!! Going up!
You'd think with all this sunshine you would never have to wash your car, but you should see my car. It is FILTHY! It's dirtier than being in Washington rain. There is a lot of dust here and a lot of bugs. I can barely see out my windshield through all the bugs and the dust, if there is any moisture near by...like some automatic sprinklers...it turns to mud right on your car. Crazy!
Today, we'll probably go swimming...that's about all we do. Tonight I'm going out with my 2 girlfriends from college that live here and I'm looking forward to that.
I know my last couple posts have been sad, but this is the day-to-day stuff that I'm doing in the midst of all that. It's weird how you can be doing all these "normal" things on the outside and have such craziness going on on the inside. More of all of that to come....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kaylee - I just want you to know I have been thinking about you......and can totally relate to how you are feeling these days. The losses may be different but the needs are the same. Hugs are sent your way. I missed you at our last MOPS meeting.

Anonymous said...

I want to play in the sweet play room. What I really want to do is set-up Jayden's awesome slip-n-slide pool in the room. I must be inside when in Arizona becasue I am a delicate Washington resident that can not handle too much sun. Can you imagine me and three little boys thrashing around inside a play-room with a sweet pool like Jayden's. The icing on the cake would be my too small speedo. I am not sure why everyone does not have one. I promise this is my last post about my speedo.

Royal

Anonymous said...

Had fun tonight!! We should make this a weekly night out for us college girls. I drove away tonight thinking how grateful I am to be able to renew our frienship! Tonight it felt like college was yesterday and not 7 years ago! Thank you for opening up with us and allowing yourself to be vulnerable. That shows great trust that I know we will each honor. Okay, mushy gushy...
Oh, and we will get our nails done again soon. Whenever you want to use a pool we can hop over to my parents house while they are in Flagstaff this summer :) Love you,
Ash
Why does a vodka tonic sound really good to me right now? hmmm..."let's get together, yea yea yea!"