Saturday, December 22, 2007

Way to Go, Rand!

Congratulations to my super smart husband Rand. Rand just graduated from Biola University with his M.A. in Apologetics. We did not attend the commencement ceremonies, but he did just recieve his hood in the mail. I think he should wear it around the house for the day just to celebrate. This concludes Rand's second Master's degree. The first was his MAET (Masters of Exegetical Theology) from Western Seminary in '02. If this was me, I would be thanking my lucky stars to be done with school (in fact, I do thank my lucky starts I'm done with school, ever since I got my Master's in '03. NO MORE SCHOOL FOR ME!) BUT this is Rand we are talking about. He hopes to start his D.Min. (doctor of ministry) degree in the spring or next fall at Talbott Seminary (not for sure yet!) and he has currently begun an internship program with IOMAmerica under Steve Phinney who trains pastors and others in lay-counseling and discipleship.
Yea Rand! I'm so proud of you! Way to stick it out, even though I didn't always think it was such a great idea! So I guess this would make you Rand M. Wagner, MA, MA :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will second that...way to go, Rand....way to go my son....i am proud of your accomplishment and your stick-with-it-ness....if you start working on your next degree at Talbotts, does that mean you are moving to CA?
can't wait to see you in a week, plus plus plus...depending on the weather....but I hope you will have a great holiday with all your other family....love and hugs to you....
mom

Kaylee said...

I should clarify that Rand has done most of this last degree and will do his next degree long distance. A lot of doctoral programs are done this way. There may be a short residency requirement...just like when he went to California for 2 weeks this last summer. So, nope. We won't be moving to California...as far as we know! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, you worked hard and it paid off. Good luck for the next step, no matter where that is.
Royal

Lindsey said...

Congrats on your huge accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What an amazing accompishment. But I would expect no less from Rand (he is the smartest person I know). I can't wait to call him Doc. I love you guys. The Old Marshmellow

Jeremy Copeland said...

Is this the same Rand Wagner who used to play shortstop for Biola? I hope so, I'd love to catch up!