Saturday, February 16, 2008

Let Me Explain the Eye Patch

Poor sickies

We have had a horrible couple of weeks. It's probably why we feel the need to laugh so much lately. Poor Rand came down with the flu Tuesday, the 5th of Feb. He spent the whole next day in bed and then tried to get back up and running. Not so fast! Friday he came down with pink eye and went to the doc. on Saturday to get anti-biotics and eye drops. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.....He still wasn't getting better. Meanwhile Brendan came down with the same flu on Wednesday and Wyatt had it Thursday. They are still recovering.

Well, Rand's pink eye was getting worse and worse. He could barely open it (it wasn't goopy, just swollen and very red) and it was extremely painful. Thursday night he tried the ER and left because the wait was going to be about 8 hours. Friday he got into a family doctor who diagnosed him with viral herpes of the eye!!!! Sick. I know. Turns out he basically has a cold sore on his eye ball. OUCH! So now he has anti-viral drops and pills as well as some good ol' hydrocodone. It's slightly better today...espcecially with the pain medication, but he is still VERY sensitive to light. Hence the eye patch. It is helping but we are still keeping all our blinds drawn today. I have literally been taking care of sick people for almost 2 weeks. Luckily I haven't come down with it....I think. Sometimes I wish I was sick and somebody was taking care of me, but boy am I thankful to be healthy and able to tend to my poor sick family. I think we are coming over the other side of it. Finally!

So there! That's what the eye patch is all about. The boys think their dad is a pirate. "A pirate who doesn't do anything. He just stays at home and lies around........" :)

3 comments:

Tammy B said...

Aarrgh... hope he swabs the deck fer ye when he be feelin' better! Aarrgh! LOL!

I've been taking care of my sick crew this week, as well. Just the fever/coughs here. I was watching Tim's eyes, as they were certainly pink and inflamed, but so far, so good.

Did Rand get to preach with the patch on, or get the day off? Definitely some illustrative opportunities there...

Aarrgh! (hee hee)

Anonymous said...

You shouldnt have said anything about you not coming down with it....cause I heard you had a pretty rough weekend. =) Hope you get it all out of your systems before I get down there!

Anonymous said...

Eat some more oranges or even better, some jalepenos. They have 3 times the vitamin C of citrus fruit.
Uncle Bubba