Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Little Trip Planning

Check out our upcoming Road Trip!

Starting Point: Phoenix Departure Date: 09/14/08
Destination: Phoenixville Arrival Date: 09/19/08
Total Driving Distance: 2340 miles
Total Driving Time: 36 hours, 45 minutes
(click on the maps to see them bigger)

From Phoenix, AZ to Santa Rosa, New Mexico

Driving Time: 7 hours, 55 minutes
Driving Distance: 564 miles

From Santa Rosa, NM to Wichita, Kansas
(Short stop to visit Rachel, Royal and Jayden AND pick up my travel buddy, Joanna)
Hooray for sisters! Rachel just recently moved to Wichita so it will make a perfect road trip break. Joanna will be flying in from Seattle to help me drive the rest of the way.

Driving Time: 7 hours, 45 minutes
Driving Distance: 476 miles

From Wichita, KS to Vandalia, Illinois

Driving Time: 8 hours
Driving Distance: 501 miles

From Vandalia, IL to Cambridge, Ohio

Driving Time: 6 hours, 45 minutes
Driving Distance: 427 miles

From Cambridge, OH to Phoenixville, Pennsylvania! "You have arrived"

Driving Time: 6 hours, 20 minutes
Driving Distance: 370 miles

Is anyone else thinking, "Oh my gosh. That is really far!"? I know I am. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought my 6 hour move from W Wa to Northern Idaho was bad....lol Just kiddin. Take lots of pics and I'll be praying for safe travels for you and your family. God Bless!!!

Anonymous said...

West Coast meets East Coast. Wow that is on the clear other side of the country.

Anonymous said...

I hope you mapped the best fishing locations along your route.
Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the stop in Wichita!!! Maybe you'll decide you just love it here and want to stay forever. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Kaylee, I am so feeling for you. We did a similiar trip from Oregon to Chicago. But I think that was only three days.

I know you'll make it fun and it will be an adventure. Take lots of pictures-in fact give the boys cameras so they can take pictures of you as each day progresses.

Can't wait to see you on the other side. (of the continent that is)

Joleen