Friday, October 17, 2008

Baseball Dreams

I think their fates are sealed. Moving across the street from the Little League park has made it official. Baseball for Rand is his childhood. It's his growing up. It represents only good things and he loves the game. He loves the memories of the game. It is totally nostalgic. Ever since we found out we were having a boy back in the spring of '03 Rand has dreamt about playing ball with this little guy. And then with boy number two...well, even better. Poor Brendan has been hitting baseballs since he was standing....maybe sooner. He got a real tee by 2 and was hitting pitches by 3 years old. We might have to wait to put him on a real team because playing tee ball would be like going backwards. He has graduated to hitting tennis balls with a real bat (as a opposed to a giant plastic one) and seriously, he can really hit. And he loves it!


So fast forward to today. Now, to Rand's great pleasure (and the boys'), we live across the street from not one, not two, but 6 little league sized baseball fields, complete with 2 batting cages. Everyday the wagon gets loaded up with all the gear, the dog leashed and across the street go the boys to play ball. Sometimes I go along, but mostly I stay back to make dinner. When I go, Wyatt bans me to the dugout where I must cheer and clap evertime he "runs the bases".

There are big plans for a batting cage getting constructed in the basement for winter hitting....and I don't doubt that it will definitely happen. Apparently it is VERY important that they continue hitting all year long. No breaks!


So, here are some pictures of my baseball loving boys.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the difference in how your boys are being raised and mine....
Jayden and I were looking at the pictures of the boys playing baseball this morning. Jayden kept pointing out, "there's Brendan, there's Wyatt, there's Uncle Rand". And then we get to the picture of Wyatt on the swing...our swings here are a little different, so I guess Jayden didn't quite recognize it and what the chains were, he says, "Look! Wyatt has fishing poles!"

Anonymous said...

I cant believe how fast they are growing up! I wish that I was there to cheer and clap from the dugout with you. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

You guys are crazy cute!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the boys enjoy baseball, it is a great sport, but I am more glad that my son wanted the swing to be a fishing pole. Next I will start on hunting.
Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

We're coming.....don't know when, don't know in what kind of vehicle....but we're coming.....gotta get there....gotta gotta get there....

Unknown said...

So glad God blessed you with that great house and the awesome location. So fun to see those pics and celebrate that your family is here. I'm off strict vocal rest now--can speak now at least a little bit. Would love to visit with you for a bit longer next time than the quick drive by I did last time. :)

Anonymous said...

Can't seem to e-mail you. Sale starts at 6:30.

http://www.mopssale.com/

Amy said...

These pictures are awesome. I know Chad dreams of baseball with Carter too ...

Anonymous said...

I love how into baseball your boys are! Indoor batting cages for winter hitting and practice are a must! ;)

Anonymous said...

ok, so seriously too cute! AND too perfect! Love the pics of the boys having so much fun, that includes Rand:D I hope you are having as much fun, it looks like you are with your camera! Everytime I see the beautiful green, I begin to miss it a bit more. It seems like you all are really settling in:) I miss you so much!
LOVE YOU!!