Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Busy-ness

I've been busy doing all sorts of fun things that I can't share yet, without spoiling some Christmas surprises. Trying to be done so that I can mail them tomorrow. Christmas seems to be approaching faster than I'm ready for. It's torture for me to keep secrets so it's probably better that it come soon.

Here's a couple things that I can share:

This is a skirt for my little niece that she will be able to wear next year. I couldn't help myself. I had to make something girly...and I had oodles of Christmas flannel so there ya go, Willow!

I've also made Christmas Pj's for myself, Rand and the boys. The Christmas pajamas have become a tradition, but this is the first year I've made them. I probably cut my costs by 80%. I'm not even joking. One year I bought matching Christmas pajamas for the 4 of us and spent a fortune. This year these "lounge pants" only cost me a little time and a couple dollars a pair.

I will definitely be making more of these (in different material and colors). They were so fast and so easy.

I think everything else is top-secret.

This month I made my life so much easier! The last 2 months I have been struggling with dinners. Like really struggling. I didn't feel like cooking, I couldn't figure out what to buy at the store, it's been awful. So December 1st I took my grocery money and spent half of it on meat at Costco. I made a plan, a menu, did the shopping and put 26 dinners in the freezer by December 3. I can't even tell you how much better I feel! Instead of being totally clueless about what I was going to magically create at 4:00 every afternoon, I just go to my freezer down in the basement and decide what I feel like eating that night. It. Is. Awesome!
It's like having a restaurant in my basement! :)

I must leave you with pictures of the kiddos. Dressed up in their church clothes and totally full of it!

Brendan's infamous "scary eyes"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy oh boy do i ever miss all of you...your Christmas sewing is awesome! those pjs look warm and cozy and perfectly perfect for a Christmas eve party....makes me think i'll make a pair for your dad and me.....
keep up all the great craftiness! you inspire me!!!!! we're still trying to get the Christmas boxes out of the attic! HO HO HO
love and hugs....

Anonymous said...

i bestow on you the award for the best pictures on a blog i frequent. you really know how to take and post good clear and fun pics. great job. will miss seeing you in washington but we are actually talking about a trip to PA. want to see our Amish friends and our washington friends. keep up the great blogging.

the FB

Anonymous said...

I love having all the meals in the freezer as well. Aunt Ya-Ya had the same idea and it works great. Now if I could only store fishing time in the same way I would be set.
Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kaylee you are becoming a great seamstress. I am very impressed. I used to do a lot of sewing like that when I was home with my kids. In a couple of years you can make doll cloths for any little girls that might be getting baby dolls for Christmas. Heidi still has the ones that I made. It was a lot of fun. Love all the pictures of the kids. Keep them coming. Love, Great Aunt Nancy.

Anonymous said...

nice sewing, cute kiddlits.

Amy said...

Hey Kaylee, what kind of stuff did you make and freeze? I am ALWAYS looking for good recipes that I can make ahead (not all recipes are so great after you freeze them ...)
Amy