Friday, December 19, 2008

Pretend Play

I love listening to my kids play. They pretend for the majority of the day. For some reason, yesterday seemed kind of strange...including the pretend play. Brendan spent a large portion of the morning pretending that his horsey was sitting on some eggs.



Here is the baby that "hatched out"


Wyatt was playing with all sorts of things that were apparently "bad guys". They were getting "burned" to death on the radiator. He seriously did this for hours....and he's back at it this morning. I keep saying, "Oh, sad, they are getting burned." Wyatt says, "No! They are bad guys!" Like, I should be happy they are being killed. Oh my!

This is the mastermind: "The good guy"...............................................Waiting to die....


"Burning" on the radiator.................................................................The little pretender

I forgot to say, that a lot of these little characters are from the kids' Christmas nativity. Makes the burning seem all that much worse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOYS!!!
enough said! ;)
love you!
XX

Anonymous said...

I think that they should pretend they are fishing. I do that quite a bit at work, helps me think of brighter days in the past.
Uncle Bubba

Jessie said...

A little disturbing. The boys need a big sis, so they will play princesses, like Rowan does.

Unknown said...

So funny. I have fond memories of making my dolls walk across our wood burning stove when I was little. My parents were not happy at the very real looking teeny footprints that were scorched into the top of the stove. Looked totally freakish!