Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Couple More Curtains

Nothing like looming house guests to motivate you to finish a couple projects. (I can't promise clean toilets, but at least the windows are covered.) Seriously, I should have been cleaning today, but instead I spent most of the afternoon sewing these. It was way more fun.
These windows are in our dining room/sitting area. The room is a weird rectangular shape and it is sort of chopped up in the middle by the walking path you have to take to get to the kitchen or back door. So one side has our dining room table and the other side has a little sitting area.
Just another perk to old houses.....little choppy rooms. If I owned this house I'd be taking a sledge hammer to the big ol' wall between this room and our tiny little living room.
Anyway, don't know where I'm going with this post, but I finally got some curtains done for some main windows. Ahhhhhhh.



Tomorrow night I should have a house full of great people. Kind of last minute, my parents decided to drive over here from Kansas (where they were visiting my sister). Even more last minute, my sister Rachel and her 2 little ones, Jayden and Willow, decided to come along. Oh, and did I mention my parents 2 dogs are along for the trip, too?? They've been driving all day today....trying to get as far as they can before the children completely melt down and hopefully tomorrow won't be so bad. 1300 miles from there to here! I should know...seems like I just made that drive myself!
I don't think Brendan and Wyatt will sleep tonight they are so excited.

3 comments:

Bekki said...

Horray for you! I bet you are so excited to see family! Love the curtians and can't wait to see them in person.

~C said...

the curtains are great. :) it's amazing how much they can add to a space.

Anonymous said...

I think that the curtains should have a fish pattern on them.
Uncle Bubba