Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Real Snow

Finally! It really snowed! All the weather reports I kept seeing only said snow showers....which usually means nothing. But yesterday it snowed steady all day. We got a good 4 inches of dry, powdery snow. Sad we couldn't make a snowman, but the kids stayed dry and warm even after hours of sledding.
We're still having lots of fun in it!

Brendan measuring throughout the afternoon


My dad's snowman. (This is soooo my dad) Like I said, the snow is really dry and hard to make a snowball out of. I'm impressed he did this well. He raided my kitchen for all the accessories. Mini-chocolate chips, a cheerio, some toothpics, and a little leaf for a hat. He's so proud of it. We might keep it forever in the freezer.


After dinner snow fun....all the way until bedtime!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the kids get that excited over snow just think how juiced they will be when they hook into their first real fish. Real fish = large trout, steelhead, salmon, sturgeon, or halibut. Real fish NW style!
Uncle Bubba

Carolann and Family said...

How exciting I am so happy for you and the your kiddos!!! Whoo Hooo

Anonymous said...

I cant stop looking at the picture of dads snowman. It cracks me up everytime I look at it.

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest little snowman!! I love it. Did you get the suckers I had sent to the kids for christmas? I hope they were okay. I am glad you guys are all having a great time together. Love, The Great Marshmellow

Amy said...

Who says you can't make a snowman?? We did! (ok, it was only 2 feet tall, but...oh well!)