Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It Comes Down to This

It is hard to believe that I have been consistently(ish) posting in this little space for over 5 years! I will admit that there are many times when it seems like there just isn't anything worth posting or sometimes there are things happening but they aren't really "postable". Though those times appear now and then, I have found my blog to be an invaluable keepsake, documenting our life and these busy days and years with small children. I recently made a small book of just the kid quotes that I have posted on here over the last 3 years and I paroozed through many old posts and pictures and am so glad to have them all here to reference and remember. Time really does fly!
Lately it has been an "I have nothing to blog about" time. I haven't been very inspired to grab my camera and sit down with my computer. Let's face it, the blog and camera go hand in hand. But then I felt bad because there are definitely some things I have missed posting about by not having my camera in hand or blog in mind.
But mostly it comes down to this: Sometimes I am just trying to keep my head above water. This life I live is a full, full-time job. I mean full. When I blog, I don't do something else. When I clean, do dishes or fold laundry, then too, I don't do something else. When I read a book to the kids, or nurse a baby, or cuddle a toddler, something else goes to the wayside. It's a constant balancing/surviving game! So for the sake of keeping a few loving blog readers in my little loop, and for the sake of documenting our days which I consider to be the only reason to continue to put other things to the side and blog, here is a little tid bit (with some more posts to come) of life as it is right now.

Around here, we do laundry. A lot of laundry.

And dishes. A lot of dishes.

And we lose teeth. 2 teeth in the same day...and already have adult teeth in their place!

And we watch the rain. (Yes, that is a beach towel out there in the rain. I forgot we aren't in Phoenix. Here you are swimming one day and cuddled up inside the next!)
 Oh! And we get big boy haircuts! (sad)

So there you have it. This week we are hosting our small group (yikes, how to keep it clean until then?!), finishing up school (yay!!!), and finishing up baseball (depending on how the tournament goes)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your life needs now is a little fishing and you will be set.
Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

Fortunately when God's love flows through all we do, nothing falls to the wasteside. I have to agree with Uncle Bubba that adding a little fishing would be the icing on the cake, even when we feel we are casting to the air.
Love, Maureen