Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Post-Baby Sewing!

**for Wagner Family Update scroll down**

Well, I think I just used my sewing machine for the first time yesterday since Easton was born. I got it out because we just don't have enough soft flannel baby wipes. I'm always out! So I ripped out something flannel that we aren't using and got to work on more wipes. While I was sewing away, I was thinking about my friend who is in the hospital with a very sick baby. I was thinking about the little guy fighting to gain weight and praying and wishing I could help or at least send flowers or something. And then I thought, 'Why don't I make some flowers?' So I put my boring wipes to the side and started making some flowers. I had a pretty good idea in my mind what I wanted to create, but a lot of times those are the worst to make happen. Better to come across a good idea and re-create it than try and make what is in my mind come to life. (At least for me it is) But, I think these turned out pretty good. Good enough to give, if you know what I mean. I used scrap fabric, buttons, wooden skewers, an apple juice jar and lid (I just knew these would come in handy someday...I have a hard time throwing away those cute glass jars!), and some sand that I had collected who knows when, from who knows where. **I have to apologize to Rand right here for making him pack that bag of sand around for the last 3 years. My craft box was much lighter after I took it out! I found some really cute rocks that I'm still hanging on to also, they're pretty heavy. Sorry Rand!!! :)


5 comments:

rachel said...

those are super cute!

Anonymous said...

Next time go with a fish theme.
Uncle Bubba

Kristi said...

So cute. So sweet. So perfect. I'll be praying!

Krisy said...

sheesh. cute.

The Raudenbush Family said...

You are disgustingly clever. They are adorable.
Kelly