Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Little "Job" News

Don't get too excited, we don't know much.....still! I can't remember the last thing I wrote about the job hunt progress so I thought I'd give a little update. I think we have lost count of the number of resumes Rand has sent out. It's gotta be somewhere around 50 or more. Obviously there have been a lot of "nos" and some are still in the "maybe" category, and so far, no job offers. One in particular though has been more interested in Rand so far and we are in the process of pursuing that.
Next Tuesday (the 3rd) the little boys and I are flying to Seattle. The original plan was that we were going to stay for 2 weeks and Rand was going to meet up with us at the end of the trip and we would all fly back together. That is still basically happening, but it is a little more complicated now. Without going into too much detail, Rand had a phone interview with a church near Philadelphia, PA looking to hire a Pastor of Outreach in their church. They liked the info he sent and apparently like what Rand had to say during the phone interview and now wants us to fly out for an in-person interview. Scary, exciting, nerve-racking, faith-testing.....yes!
So the plan is as follows....
I fly to Seattle on the 3rd. On the 6th I will fly out of Seattle to Philadelphia...leaving the kiddos at Nana and Papa's. Rand will fly out of Phoenix on the 6th and we will meet up in Philadelphia. We'll do whatever we are going to be doing there???? Meeting people, talking (hopefully mostly Rand will be talking :0) ...okay, you have know me to understand meeting all new people for like 2 days is not really my cup of tea. Rand = good first impression Kaylee = acquired affection over time :) )
On Sunday the 8th, I will fly back to Seattle, Rand will fly back to Phoenix. On the 14th Rand will fly to Seattle and then on the 17th we will ALL fly back to Phoenix together. After that, who knows??! Crazy couple of weeks coming up.
Rand is excited about this possibility. I'm mixed (that's the short version) but definitely willing to see what God has in store. The job sounds great and something that I think would really "fit" Rand. As for any of the rest of it, I guess we will just wait and see.
So, prayers much appreciated. Rand needs a job soon, but we want to make sure it is the right job for him and that it is what God wants. (Did I mention Rand just got put on graveyard shift at the resort?? Yuck!) Prayers for the church bringing us out, too, that they would receive clarity by meeting us in person and know the next step that they need to take.

I will leave you with a little laugh....
One of Rand's friends recently pointed out an interesting theme in Rands employment:
Funeral Director
Pastor of a dying church (hope that doesn't offend)
Graveyard shift

Hmmm what next??? I think we are about to turn a corner! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we will keep you in our prayers with all the travel coming up and for the interview. That sounds pretty exciting! see you soon:) luv ya!

Anonymous said...

Make sure you get all the frequent flyer miles. You can use those to purchase a fishing vacation to Alaska. Sorry I was thinking of what I would do. I am things will work out.
Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

That was really funny! I will be praying. Yipee for adventures!

Anonymous said...

well you know which job i'm praying for and everyone i know is praying for that one too.....just talked with ginger roller and she is praying too!!!!!
won't be long now and i can see all your beautiful faces and hear your beautiful laughs and hug your beautiful bodies!!!!
mom

Jessie said...

Kaylee! I can't wait to see you to drink wine, gossip, take pictures, etc...

Missing you and sending you good vibes!!