Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer Is Here

It has happened. We have crossed over into the triple digits of summer. The last few days have been HOT. We broke a couple records by how hot we got this early. Lovely, I know. It has cooled off significantly and will continue to cool for the weekend which is welcome as far as I am concerned. Oh, and by cooling off, I mean lower 80s tomorrow and a frigid 72 on Friday. Of course we will be back on the incline after that. We hit close to 110 for about 3 days straight and we pretty much just stayed inside or stayed in the pool. Even at night there isn't much relief from the heat. Here are some pictures of the fellas swimming in the dark...probably around 8:00pm and the temp was probably still in the solid 90s.

This is the part where people wonder why in the world you would live in Arizona. I have to say though, it is true....you get used to it. It's not nearly as bad as it was last year.





5 comments:

Kristi said...

Cute! But did you know that Seaside, OR hit triple digits before Phoenix did!?!?! Crazy eh!? Alas, we're back in the rain in this part of the world though - I'd send you some if I could.
((hugs))

Jessie said...

A frigid 72 on Friday? Don't forget your mittens.

Kristi said...

PS. I tagged you ;) The instructions are on my blog - have fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. I think about you guys often and sure would like to visit you and your pool before its gone!

Anonymous said...

I just want to know where you found the water to fill up the pool. I did not think there was any in Arizona.
Uncle Bubba