Friday, May 2, 2008

Mommy and Me Cover-up

Found a great project and just whipped out 4 of these things. I saw some online ranging from $35-$50. Much cheaper to make yourself and super easy. Plus you can make any color/print you want! I think I know about a million people who are pregnant right now...well maybe not that many....but you can guess what I'm giving them. (assuming they will be breastfeeding).
For those who don't know what these are, they are more commonly known as Hooter Hiders...and they do just that. A modest, fashionable way to nurse your baby in public. :)
Oh, and it is cleverly designed so that when little baby tries to rip the thing off, the D-ring buckle cinches down on the strap. That was always my problem with just using a blanket. AND, it has boning across the top so that it kind of pops out and you can see what's happening down there.
.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! I will be expecting one soon!!! :)

Anonymous said...

And maybe you could make one up for my future grand child too. Lauree will be out of college in about 3 years...maybe be married in 5, have a baby two years after that. ya, i'm thinking in about 7 years we can pull the old hooter hider out of the drawer and put it to good use...Unless of course someone else in the fam needed to use it sooner than that. huuummmm, i dunno, maybe.
(just kiddin' jo. really. no, really!)

Jaynee~ said...

dude...why is my full name on there. what a dork!

Anonymous said...

sooo cute! I was just looking on line at the ones in the stores...maybe I should wait;)
btw, when is Rachel due?

Jessie said...

SOOOOO cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect. Hip Hip Hooray for the Hotter Hider!

Jami said...

I love them, did you use a pattern? If so can you let me know where you got it.. I need to make one before the end of November for myself.

Kaylee said...

Jami~
wow! congratulations! i know like 4 people due in november, including my sister, Rachel.
i found the pattern from sew, mama, sew...but it might be kind of hard to find again. it was just one of the postings entered for her tutorial contest. i'll see if i can find it again and get you the link. i think i saved the pattern/tutorial to my computer, so if you give me your email i will send it to you. on second thought....i might have your email. hope you get this! :)