Friday, June 20, 2008

Hot! Hot! Hot!

I am having such a hard time having a good attitude right now. This weather is really getting to me. Before we left for our trip to (60 degree +/-) Washington, the weather here was hovering around 100 degrees. I was a little bit proud of myself because I was doing pretty good with it. I don't know if it was my cold weather trip or if 110+ is really too hot, but I am just grumpy and tired in this heat. I might complain a little. Sorry.
Since we've been home our A/C has been working overtime. It won't get the house below 77 degrees and I'm trying to get it to about 75. I think it is about to fail us.
We got up this morning and the kids pool was deflated. Popped by who knows what. Rock, cactus, who knows. There's lots of sharp things around here.
After Rand woke up this afternoon (remember he's working graveyard) we decided to run some errands and go to a movie. After our first stop, our A/C in the car went out. (We had it all fixed up before summer this year, too) I can't even explain to you how hot it was. It was horrible! I could have baked a cake in our car. I at least could have grabbed a brush and dried my hair (had it been wet). With the windows down it was like inhaling the air from a hot blow dryer. Ugh!
When the sun went down tonight (luckily that happens pretty early here) it was like an oppressing weight had been lifted. Ahhhhh, relief! That sun is soooo intense!
Basically, it's hot! Very, very hot. I don't even want to leave the house. Isn't that sad? I really have it ingrained in me (from growing up in the PNW) that summer is time for outside. Playing, eating and even sleeping outside! That just isn't the case here. It's too hot to play at the park, it's too hot to ride bikes, it is too hot to play baseball and it is WAY too hot to cook in front of the grill outside.
I know, I know. I bragged and bragged all winter/spring about our fabulous weather..and it really was. I knew this was coming and here it is.
So, I'm trying. And I'm checking my attitude, but it's hard.
Note to my out of state readers: Do NOT come to Phoenix right now. It's too hot. :)
(Mostly I'm laughing) It's just crazy hot. I'm starting to go cuckoo.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I could not imagine living in such heat. It was high 70's here today and I was almost too hot. You are a trooper!

Anonymous said...

The Kansas weather is not to my liking, it is too hot for me. I can not stand the rain showers being followed by 90 degree heat that leaves the humidity at 90%. That is crazy, and the water, which is plentiful, is very brown, I don't even want to swim in it. How am I going to fish in it? This is crazy. Well enjoy the heat, and I will try to find some fish.
Uncle Bubba.