Monday, June 9, 2008

Philadelphia Trip

Ok. Many are looking for the "What happened in Philadelphia" post. I think I'm still processing. I'll give you what I have so far. :)

It was really good. Rand and I had a great time meeting people and checking out a new place. I was worried when I saw Philadelphia (area) from the air flying in. From the air, it looked kind of ugly. Turns out it is one of the most beautiful places I've been. I was very surprised by that. It really was amazing. The town we spent most of our time in, (Phoenixville, if you can believe that) was charming. Small, with lots of personality. It had recently been revitalized...or is still in the process, so there were lots of stories about how the town used to be and how great it is now. It totally reminded me of a bigger, east coast Shelton....like the way we would want it to be if we got some government grant money to revive the city. They even have a Dogwood Festival that sounded a lot like our Forest Festival with a Dogwood Queen and everything. :)
The people we met were the highlight of the trip. I'm still processing some of that part. We did most of the talking so I don't know if I like them because I feel so "known" by them or because I have a great "first impression" and I would love to know them more. Probably both. They were warm, friendly and people we would like spending more time with.
The whole experience with them was pretty much good. Rand and I spent most of the time together talking with the church's elders, wives and search team members. Rand did a great job answering some tough questions and really being himself. We like them, and we like their church and, at least I, feel totally honored that they have considered us as closely as they have for the position there.
So we are praying and waiting and they are praying, too. They will be interviewing another candidate in 2 weeks, so we will continue on with our practice and development of patience and faith. :) Still waiting to see what happens next.
Thanks for praying with us and for us through all our new God-ventures.

ps. Hello Phoenixville People! It was great meeting you.
--you might as well leave me a comment now that we "officially" know each other. Plus, I need to read your blogs now. :)

(they found my blog weeks before we even got there! Isn't that funny? It's a different world with this Internet thing)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from a Phoenixville Person! :) Had a fun weekend getting to know you guys. SO sorry to hear about the terrible flight back. :(

Kelly (now you can see my blog--not nearly as exciting as your own!)

Kristi said...

I wonder if the Dogwood Queen is super cool too!?!? ;-) I'm so glad to hear that you felt comfortable there! You continue to be in my prayers!

Jaynee~ said...

Thanks for all the details. I'm so glad you had such a great time in Phoenixville and most especially, that you landed safely on the ground. God is faithful and will continue to be.
We just never really know what we are asking God to keep us safe from when we pray a prayer of protection. So glad he sees the future and keeps things secret from us for our own good.

Love you so much and will keep trusting God along with you.

Anonymous said...

You answered some important questions, but you have neglected the most important of all. Are there any fish to be caught? Please do the appropriate research next time.
Uncle Bubba