Sunday, July 6, 2008

Knitting for Babies

I don't know where these silly urges come from, but I just felt like knitting. Haven't knit for...ummmm...maybe a year and a half or so....probably since our little club, "Knit-Wits", was meeting weekly at my house in Shelton. :) (That was fun!)
So I had this random ball of yarn that had pink in it.....and it just so happens that my friend Beth just recently had a baby girl! So I knit her little, tiny, super cute, wonderful baby, this pair of booties. They won't fit her for a while, but that's okay because who needs anything knit in the month of July in Phoenix.....or anywhere for that matter.



After the booties I still felt like knitting, so I grabbed another random ball of yarn and knit up a little hat. It was the first time doing that pattern and I think I will make 10 more. It was so easy and fun and I think I could make several sizes. I was thinking how weird it was to be knitting in the middle of summer, but I suppose it's the perfect time. Then, when we need a warm hat, or scarf we'll have some, rather then spending the winter knitting stuff that won't be finished until summer. ;) I figure, if I have the urge to create something useful (even if it's not useful for a while) go with it!

(I added the flower to make it girly....maybe for a new niece?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet knitting dude. I have been knitting today too! It's like we were having a long distance Knit Wits meeting.

I always end up making 3 booties out of that yarn, since they never come out looking the same, because 1 bootie always seems to get lost and then you always have a spare!!!!

I think your new niece (hopefully thats what it is...you just never really quite know) would love hats with flowers. Someone's gonna have to help girly her up... :)

Jane said...

I've been knitting too! I seem to have a little store of baby and toddler knits, you never know when they will come in useful

anita said...

super cute. you should start an etsy shop!

Anonymous said...

Always knit fishing hats. When you are on the river you either lose them while running in the boat or the wind blows them off.
Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

Actually Kaylie, I thoroughly enjoyed the baby booties post. I commented to Jess yesterday that I was amazed at the sudden super quick knitting of such cute items.

Jessica's friend Mel