Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Phoenixville Trip

Well everyone, we're off on Friday for the final step our interview process with Grace Valley Fellowship in Phoenixville, PA. All four of us are flying out Friday morning and are staying until Tuesday. Rand will be preaching on Sunday and other than that I don't know a lot of details as far as the itinerary goes. They are setting up a time for us on Monday to go "house hunting" with one of the elders who is a realtor. I'm excited about that part! It's starting to feel so much more real that this is probably-actually going to happen. I'm getting super excited. If/when we get the job we are probably looking at moving at the end of September. All our friends here say, "You're going to leave right when the weather starts getting good." Yeah right! It's still in the 80's into November. Hey, and now that I think about it, not one of our friends discouraged us from moving to AZ in May....right when the weather was getting bad! This seems onesided. :)
As far as I'm concerned we're heading to the east coast right when their weather is getting good. One of the things I miss most about the PNW is fall. I love fall! School supplies and crisp, cold, foggy mornings, leaves and harvest festivals and pumpkin patches, sweaters and hats and rubber boots, candles burning and something smelly and wonderful simmering on the stove....such a dramatic shift in feeling and activity and smells, etc. And let's face it...the east coast is famous for their fall colors. I'm excited to see that. I've already found pumpkin patches and farmer's markets near Phoenixville. Don't freak out, but I have a feeling I'm going to really like it there. House hunting may prove challenging as Rand and I are both somewhat accustom to new...or relatively new construction. So far, most of the houses I've looked at online range from 60 to 110 years old. Wow! I do love the charm and character of an old house, but it might take some convincing for Rand to see the "beauty" in the old and give up some of the convenience of the new....like A/C and big spaces and lots of storage etc, etc. We shall see!
Now, before my West Coast friends and family (and one Mid-West sister) slam shut their computers and pout that we're leaving and going so far I have a few words....
On the other I think I will save them for another time. Let's face it, it's not time to say goodbye yet and I'd rather put it off and live in denial....as would many of you. One day at a time. I'll be back in Phoenix on Tuesday....back to life as we know it for now.
I'll try and take some pictures and update as we go along this weekend. If it's anything like last time, you may not hear from me until we get back.
Off we go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting Kaylee. I'm happy and excited for you too...lol Take lots of pics!!!! ~~Carolann

Anonymous said...

Make sure you check on the fishing, I would like a full report of what they offer upon your return.
Uncle Bubba

Amy Cooper said...

Well, in my opinion, you're already in Arizona. . .what's a few more thousand miles? :)
Plus I've never been to the east coast. . .
Good luck with your trip!

Jaynee~ said...

I'll be praying all weekend! I'm so excited and hopeful for your family.
Trusting God with you and for you...

Unknown said...

FYI - tell Uncle Bubba that that fishing is good in the Schuylkill. :) Mark has a canoe and takes it out 5 minutes from our house often. And, I can show you lots of local fun spots for kids--Christmas tree farm, homemade ice cream shop, local zoo, great playgrounds, lots of museums! You'll love it!