Monday, November 17, 2008

Brendan's Drawings

Brendan has all of a sudden realized he can draw whatever he wants. It's kind of a new obsession. We are going through the paper like crazy. All kinds of paper, too. Printer paper, construction paper, card stock. Rand is literally creating wall paper in his office with all these drawings. Wyatt is participating too, but his drawings don't resemble real objects yet. It's getting there though!
I'm wondering what the floating head thing means? I'm sure I have a play therapy book around here somewhere that probably explains some sort of emotional detachment thing that is going on. Hmmmm, to analyze or not to analyze...that is the question.
I love these though. Especially the trees and the animals. It's fun watching it all evolve.

these pictures are of a jungle. there's a tree, a monkey, a tiger, a mouse, a bird, part of a snake...

here, we have the rest of the snake, a car and a zebra. this is Wyatt's contribution....


houses are his favorite thing to draw. the black one is rand looking through a telescope at the stars and the moon saying, "I love this!" (and wishing he could go to the moon and get a rock for Brendan and Wyatt)
Aren't the floating heads hilarious?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are fantastic! i love the floating heads!

Anonymous said...

Brendan and Wyatt, besides being very cute you are both very talented artist. I love the houses and all the animals you drew. I would really love to have a drawing from both of you. I wish I could see you and give you big hugs. Love, Great Aunt Nancy.

Anonymous said...

I believe the floating heads mean he wants to go fishing.
Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

I think the floating heads are golf balls in flight to his first hole in one.

I love you guys and miss you and can't wait to see you...in less than 3 weeks!
Grandpa Mike