Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Almost 5 Weeks and 13.5 lbs

My little man is chunkin' up and trying to catch up to his big brothers fast! 13.5 lbs and 23 inches at his 4 week check up. That just seems like huge growth to me. All of a sudden I can't hold him with one arm any more. He is a happy little guy...hardly causing me any grief..except he doesn't sleep. Do any of my babies? NO. He gets up between 6:30 and 7:30 and stays awake for at least 3 hours. Then he sleeps all afternoon (waking every 2 hours for a meal). Then he is up all evening and wants to go to bed around 7:30. That would all be great if at 7:30 he would sleep for a good 4 or 5 hours...but no. He sometimes sleeps for 3 one time and then 2 for most of the rest of the night...and sometimes just 90 mins. Ugh. I'm tired. I get up 4 or 5 times a night. Really ready for some longer stretches. If he's anything like the other 2, it's not going to happen for the next year. And so I document here, because I will have no recollection of most of the year without a little more sleep. But he's cute. And I love looking at his round little face.



5 comments:

rachel said...

he is getting so big! willow wasn't 13# until she was over 2 months old! :) ha ha ha

bummer that you're so tired, but all the food is obviously working. :) i'll be there soon and i'll lifeguard while you take a nap with big E! :)

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm seriously laughing out loud. Lydia (at 13 1/2 months, mind you) is 27" long and 16 lb. 11 oz. Your "little man" is going to surpass Lydia by next month!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I say let him cry it out, he will learn to sleep, then you can fish more.
Uncle Bubba

Kristi said...

Oh he is just a whole bunch of squishy wonderfulness!

Lindsey said...

Chubba! I love it. Harper was the same way.