Sunday, April 6, 2008

Art Hanger-Upper

Our dining room doubles as our school room. It does an okay job. I would love to have a separate place to do school, but this is the way it has to be, and really, I'm not complaining. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to have an "adult" place to dine for a while and my house isn't going to look like a PotteryBarn catalog. Luckily, I have a small dining room table, so the dining room can easily fit an additional kid's table, an easel and a book shelf. Today I added some art hanger-uppers because I was struggling with where to put wet paintings. I think it looks pretty cute with the art on there, albeit very preschool-y.
And here's Brendan using his easel/chalkboard. It's amazing how much more interesting the easel is when you simply move it from one corner to another. It's like a whole new easel! :)





Oh, and here's how I caught the kids while I was mopping the floor. They were staring at a bug.
I love them! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I oftern stare at bugs, an interesting fact about bugs, humans have never been responsible for the complete extinction of any species of bug in the world. Nice art work.
Uncle Bubba

Amy Cooper said...

This is so cute!
And don't worry - I don't have an "adult" place to dine either! If it's not artwork on every wall and stacked in every corner, it's instruments stored in all rooms. . .including the bedroom. . . talk about relaxing. And I don't even have kids!!
Love the art hanger uppers!

Kristi said...

HAHA, we moved our easel just last week from the playroom to the office. I think it's seen more action in the last week than it had in the last YEAR!