Friday, April 11, 2008

Heading for "Home"

In about 2 hours Rand and the boys are taking me to the airport. I'm heading to Shelton to be with my family over the one year anniversary of Willie's extraction from Earth into Heaven. I like the way that sounds better than "died" or "death" or "passing", all words that, to me, imply an end. For it is far from an end, it is just a fork in the road and we are separated for a time. Just typing these words triggers in me a gush of emotion and I could probably type pages about tragedy and how our lives have been changed forever, but I will save it for another time. I'm trying to focus on the Truth which is that Willie still "is" and that gives me peace...as well as tears...but hope for the future. I choose to praise God because He IS and Jesus IS and Willie IS, too! It's about LIFE!

Anyway, like I said, I think I could go on and on. Right now I am finishing up packing and getting ready to go. I'm both excited and dreading it. Mostly I'm glad to see my family and be with them as well as get a very much needed break from the kids! I'll arrive late tonight and stay until Wednesday. Hopefully I will get to see as many of you (that are there) as time allows!

Pray for us. We will need it.



3 comments:

Kristi said...

Many prayers for a safe trip "home". I've been thinking about your whole family this week...

Anonymous said...

I am praying. Love and Blessings.

Anonymous said...

It was fun having you around.
Uncle Bubba