Thursday, April 3, 2008

Marbelized Paper

While I was cleaning out my craft closet (by cleaning I mean just looking at what I have in there), I ran across some marbelized paper I made at least 5 years ago. It was a McComb family art project we did one summer (before kids) in my parent's garage. It was really fun and I have been thinking lately about doing some marbeling again. I think the kids would have fun swirling paint in a bunch of goo. Here are a couple of sheets:

After looking a little further I found that I actually still had a TON of that paper that we marbled 5 years ago. Oh dear. Can I really justify making more when I have so much in my paper box? Hmmm. I think I need to think of a craft to use my marbled paper. Better yet, I think I'll chuck all the paper I think is ugly and make some more better paper. (Not "more better" like the bad grammer more-better. I mean some more paper that is better!) :)

Any craft ideas for this stuff? I really have a ton of it. Here is just some of what I have!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaylee, those are so great! I totally remember doing that in art class as a kid! I have an idea about a possibility, but it would be easier to chat with you about it. I will email you later about it. Love you!
Ash

Anonymous said...

They are so pretty. Maybe use them in scrapbooking, make frames for photos, book covers for "Art Projects", by Brendon and Wyatt, wrapping paper, those cute little paper boxes...

I'd like to know how to do it too. Could you share your 'how to'?

Jaynee

Jami said...

I love the idea of the marbelized paper, it could be so fun... I really want to know how you did it.

Anonymous said...

kaylee,
quick note, beware of posts that don't say anything, but "see here", we had one and clicked on it and it ended up having a virus. we easily took care of it since our mac has a good protection, but just to be cautious. I see one on here and if you know that person, I am sure it is fine, but if not, be careful.
luv!

Kaylee said...

Thanks Ash. I always delete those as soon as I see them.
I guess I should write a "how-to" on this project!
It really is fun. I'm going to try a different recipe than the one we used when I first did this craft and see how it turns out. Then I'll post about it and tell y'all how it's done!

Anonymous said...

Make a bunch of cards out of it. You could send one to me.
Uncle Bubba