Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Job Update

It's been a while since I've mentioned anything job related and, well, the reason is because I have nothing to report. Rand is such a trooper. I know this is tough for him. He has applied to at least 40 positions all over the country. Almost all church jobs, but different positions he feels he is qualified for. We have gotten a lot of "no's" from many of the churches, which I am glad about because it is obviously a closed door. I am hoping for a very clear "this is where I am sending you" kind of opening. I know all the rejection is tough to swallow for dear Rand but he is trusting and waiting patiently which is sooo hard for him. He is a make-it-happen kind of guy.
He has had a couple phone interviews and one that we are currently waiting on to hear if it will be a no or if we will go onto the next step. There are a few other things pending too and maybe another phone interview with a different church next week.
Where??? You might be wondering. Well. Everywhere. Nothing in Arizona unfortunately, although Rand has given his resume to our church (CCV) and another bigger church in the city just in case. With every "maybe" that comes up I start researching the place, trying to find something to grab a hold of and love about that place, so that I can imagine myself there and be "okay". Some places are harder than others. Some places I would know people, some places would have great scenery and weather, some places are within driving distance of Wichita (Rachel's new home town as of this summer). :) Can't get too carried away for fear of disappointment, but I know that God has the next thing out there somewhere for Rand and He is making us wait....just like He does. I'm sure I can make the best out of anywhere we go whether it be the PNW, the Mid-West, or the East Coast.
In the meantime, Rand is working right down the road from our house at a resort called Cibola Vista doing Engineering (security, maintenance, landscaping, etc) to give us more time and no rush to land a job and no need for me to get a job. Bless his little (big) provider-heart. He would literally do anything to take care of us. He would even go back to water-delivery boy like the good ol' Portland days.
SOOO, that's where we're at. The kids don't really have a clue. They are just happy as clams living every day to its fullest. I'm trying to be like them. No worries. God takes care of the birds of the air, the flowers of the field, and He takes care of us. I hope within the next couple months we will know more, but if not, we're still here, having fun and basking in the sun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i vote for anything near wichita! pacific northwest...no thank you. if i'm not here, there's no reason for you to be either!!! :)

wish i could come sit in your hot sun and relax in the pool with your boys. )

Kaylee said...

uuhhh. news flash. "relaxing in the pool" and "with the boys" do NOT go together. We can either rough house in the pool with the boys or we can relax in the pool WITHOUT the boys. i hope you are having another boy. :)

Anonymous said...

Wherever you end up we will come and visit, ok it will probably be just Jayden and Rachel, but I will be there in spirit. Job hopping does not leave one with much vacation time.
Uncle Bubba

Jaynee~ said...

Thanks for the update Kaylee. I'll be keeping you and Rand in my prayers.
I love you.