Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Crafting

I think my internal, natural instincts have gone a little askew. Normally, this is the time of year when that cleaning bug bites you and you start chucking everything you stored through the winter and clean house. Every once in a while I get that. Can't say that I really go with it much, but I definitely feel the urge to spring clean once in a while. Lately instead, I have been really itching to do some crafts. You may have noticed the new links I have listed to the right. Mostly those are for me because I usually find these things by clicking and then clicking and then clicking and eventually I am lost in cyber-space. I thought I would compile some that I would like to return to so that I don't have to waste a bunch of time searching and searching.

Anyway, I have been looking at all sorts of crafty people being crafty and today I got sick of it. Enough! Time to BE crafty. So I stole an idea that I saw somewhere else and thought it was cute. Can't tell you who or where the idea came from, but know that it is NOT mine. Well the idea wasn't mine, but I did create it myself in my own clever way.
Here's what I mean by clever....

I have had a huge, great piece of watercolor paper for about 4 months. My mom has a lot of art supplies and I was planning on using it with her, but I ended up using her paper. So I've got this paper but no water colors......except I do have watercolors! The kids actually have watercolors. You know the little pack of paints with the little ovals that comes with the little paint brush, and they always forget to rinse it and so it because a muddy mix of black in every oval?
Well, I decided to use those because it was all I had to go with my great paper. I really don't have any great markers or pens either (most dried up last summer in the storage garage). BUT, the kids have crayola markers, so I used those.

Despite creating this mainly with children's crayola art supplies I think it turned out pretty good. Now I'm starting to clean out my craft room closet so I can actually start creating some stuff with my own supplies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

K,
I love being crafty, too! When I get home I am setting up one of the bedrooms as my office and craft room. I have a very specific craft in mind that I will share with you soon, I have only told a very few people about this idea, because I might make it into a small business:)
miss you!

Anonymous said...

Way to be crafty and spontaneously think. I like the butterfly.
Uncle Bubba