Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Prayer

Dear Lord Jesus, I now acknowledge the power and presence of Your life in and around me. I stand firm in the fact and Truth that Willie is alive and well in the hands of our Father. I agree and line myself with what You said in regard to allowing 'dead to bury their own dead.' I accept this Truth to mean that I should not allow the enemy to use his death to distract me from following You in my daily living. I now choose, by the power of Your spoken Word, for You to bring closure to my grieving process over Willie. I by faith accept his death and know that You will be using his passing as a tool of sharing the gospel with those who are in need of knowing You. I choose not to focus on how he died, why he died or his death itself. I take this time to reaffirm my commitment to serving You and You alone. I will go on with the life You have chosen for me to live, regardless of Willie being in my life. I stand against the ways of the enemy in tempting me to focus on death instead of life. I claim now all the Truth and Victory You offer through this difficult time. I pray only in the blessed name of Jesus Christ and His redemptive and healing ways. Amen. Taken from the Book of Prayers by Stephen R. Phinney.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen....

I am praying.

Jamie Gibeau said...

Praying for you...thinking of you and your family.

Amy Cooper said...

Beautiful words. Thanks Kaylee.