Monday, April 21, 2008

Mors Bag

Time for some pictures that aren't quite so depressing....



Remember how I went to the Goodwill to get "practice" material for sewing? Here is a pillowcase turned into a reusable grocery bag, lined with some other cheap material that came from somewhere else. This thing is solid. I could carry home a lot of canned food in this bag. So, with this little project, not only do I "REDUCE" the number of plastic bags polluting the earth, I also "REUSE" an old pillowcase that I would have normally never bought to dress my pillows. Now if only I can remember to take this bag with me to the store! The pattern came from this website dedicated to reducing the use of plastic bags. I added the lining to make it a little sturdier.

5 comments:

Carolann and Family said...

Thanks for sharing I am going to make some for myself.....only question is how many with a family of 7...hhmmmm.....lol

Kaylee said...

I think you're going to need at least 50! My mom had 5 kids too! That's a lot of groceries!!

Anonymous said...

those are sweet dude. i think i need some. i think i might send you some pillowcases. :)

Anonymous said...

I just want to know who thought those colors and patterns were okay to put on a bed, or anything else for that matter.
Uncle Bubba

Anonymous said...

that looks great! you are becoming quite the proficient:) I can't wait to come home (less than 2 months!!) so you can show me how to make one.
love you!