Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Swim 2011

I don't know why I always think it is so important to capture the "first swim" in photos, but yesterday when the boys suggested they jump in the pool I yelled, "Wait! I have to take pictures!" Then I went back over the past blogged years and looked at the previous swims.

There was a January swim in 2008.

First swim in our yard in March 2008.

Swimming in the Atlantic Ocean in May 2009.

Back to Phoenix swimming in February 2010.

And yesterday was the boys' 2011 first swim of the year...in our new house!
It was getting close to 80 degrees yesterday and the air was warm enough for sure, but the pool. is. freezing! After a lot of screaming, they got numb and swam a couple times yesterday. It's just the beginning! Let the swimming begin! Oh, and Easton got in too. I had to hold him from the edge and he could hardly breathe, but everytime I pulled him out he just flung his body back over the edge. He is so one of them. I have a feeling I will be joining them in the pool long before I think it is warm enough!

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I were there to jump in with you all! Your backyard looks really nice too with palm trees and that big blue sky. I really miss blue sky.

Anonymous said...

Are there fish in those waters?
Uncle Bubba

Kim said...

I love that the boys are able to swim in March, even if the water is a little chilly!

Rachel said...

they are crazy! guess i'll be packing some suits for the kids. :)